Monday, November 27, 2006

Real Trees; The Tradition Continues...


Before I get back to insurance issues (starting Nov. 28th) the main topic of this blog, I thought I would share a photo of at least part of the family, my wife, daughter and our two dogs, during our annual Christmas tree cutting. For 25 of the last 26 years we have cut our tree at the same Christmas tree farm about 10 miles from our home. And since this is a "family" event, we must always include the dogs in our outing. My son is taking the picture and I am cutting the tree (a view you probably would not want to see). The only year we did not cut our own tree was in 2003, this first year both kids were gone to school. My wife purchased a fake tree, over my protest, and when the kids came home, they revolted, so we are back to real trees.


For any of the environmentally inclined, this is at a Christmas tree farm. Trees are planted on a farm around grain fields, with the purpose of creating a wind block and generating additional income for the farmer.





No comments: